Due to an update by Jagex it is now a Mini-Quest Edit
|Official quest description: Become one with your darker side. Tap into your hidden depths of magical potential by making a potion with the help of Hetty the Rimmington witch.|
|Release date: 6 April 2001|
|Start: Talk to Hetty in her house in Rimmington, south of Falador and west of Port Sarim.|
|Members only: No|
|Items needed: Burnt meat, an eye of newt, an onion and a rat's tail.|
This is one of the easiest quests that exist. You should have no problem with this, no matter what level you are.
Talk to Hetty and tell her you want to know more about the black arts. She will tell you she needs four ingredients. You need to get a rat's tail, burnt meat, an eye of newt, and an onion.
Getting the ingredients
- Rat's tail: Simply find any normal sized rat in Rimmington and kill it.
- Burnt meat: Kill any creature that drops meat (for example one of the cows in Lumbridge farm or one of the rats in Rimmington). Then, "burn" the meat. Use a cooking range (for example the one right above Hetty's house) or cook it on a normal fire with logs (you will need a tinterbox and axe to do this). If you have too high a cooking level to burn it, simply use the cooked meat with the fire/range and your meat will always end up being burnt.
- Eye of Newt: You can buy an eye of newt from the Magic shop in Port Sarim or at the Grand Exchange. Any magic shop is labelled with a small Fire rune on your minimap.
- Onion: Either pick one, or farm one. Onions can be found in a field northwest of Rimmington or in the field behind Fred's farmhouse to the north-west of Lumbridge, beside the road leading to the crossroads at Draynor Village.
Finishing the quest
When you have all these items, talk to Hetty. She'll put them in her cauldron and tell you to drink from it. Drink from the cauldron to complete the quest. Congratulations, quest complete!
- In RuneScape Classic, it is not possible to use cooked meat with a range to burn it, so high Cooking level players have had major troubles in obtaining burnt meat.
- The cauldron is the only one in RuneScape that allows players to drink from it.
- With the introduction of the Grand Exchange, players may buy most of the ingredients that Hetty requires.